The Varmebaronen range of Wood Gasification Boilers are all eligible for grant funding under the SEI Greener homes scheme.
The greener homes scheme provides €2000 towards the cost of installing a wood gasification heating system.
- The house for which you are applying must be an existing house, have an existing heating system and must have been occupied for a minimum of one year.
- You must own the house where the system is to be installed.
- The product must be listed on the eligible products list
- The installer must be listed on the registered installer List
- The installer must have completed a course on wood gasification provided by the supplier or manufacturer of the product
- You must install a suitably sized buffer tank / thermal store.
Steps to take
- Read the Greener Homes Scheme Application Guide: Application Guide (pdf)
- Fill up and send the application form: Application Form (RVR can supply you with a pre-filled form for your application. Just call us from 9:00-5:30 Mon to Fri on 0818 313 003 or email us at email@example.com
- Wait for the offer of a grant by post (typically 3-4 weeks)
- Respond accepting the offer
- Purchase and install the system
- The installer will provide you with a commissioning report once the system is up and running
- Send the Request for payment form to the SEI, including a copy of the commissioning report and invoices for work carried out.
Please Note: Is is very important that you have the offer of a grant before purchasing equipment or installing it. The SEI WILL NOT retroactively provide grant funding after you have purchased equipment.
For further information you can either: