An eco-conscious option when renovating your home is to avail of grants under the SEI's Greener Homes Scheme.
This provides grants for renewable heating technologies including solar panels, wood pellet and log boilers and heat pumps. This allows homeowners to install a modern, sustainable heating systems and avail of the lower fuel costs associated with these technologies.
Funding available varies by technology.
The greener homes scheme provides funding for solar systems based on the amount of collector installed. This is based on the total aperture area of the panels.
- For flat panels you can get a grant of €250 per m2 of aperture (up to a maximum of 6m2)
- For vacuum collectors you can get a grant of €300 per m2 of aperture (up to a maximum of 6m2)
For example, an installation with two Calpak 12VTN collectors would be eligible for a grant of 1.95m2 of aperture x €300 for vacuum collectors x 2 panels. E.g. 1.95 * 300 * 2 = €1170
Wood Pellet Funding
The greener homes scheme provides €2500 towards the cost of installing a wood pellet heating system.
Wood Gasification Funding
The greener homes scheme provides €2000 towards the cost of installing a wood gasification heating system.
Heat Pump Funding
The greener homes scheme provides between €2000 and €3500 towards the cost of installing a heat pump, depending on the type of heat pump used.
- The house for which you are applying must be an existing house, have an existing heating system and must have been occupied for a minimum of one year.
- You must own the house where the system is to be installed.
- The product must be listed on the eligible products list
- The installer must be listed on the registered installer List
For further information you can: