Extended Domestic Boiler Warranty Agreement
This Extended Warranty agreement is made between 3 parties: RVR Energy Technology Ltd, a company registered in Ireland with company number 403616, hereinafter “the Company”.
RVR Approved Installer, a person or business who is listed on the list of RVR Approved Installers published on www.rvr.ie, hereinafter "the Installer"
The Legal owner of the Installed Product, hereinafter "the Owner"
RVR Approved Installer - This is a person or business who is listed on the list of RVR Approved Installers published on www.rvr.ie.
www.rvr.ie - This is the web site of the Company, published at https://www.rvr.ie.
Installed Product - This is the product to which the Extended Warranty applies. It is a product which has been sold by the Company.
Extended Warranty Kit - This is an additional kit of products which must be purchased and installed in order to avail of the Extended Warranty.
Replacement Part/Parts - These are parts supplied by the Company to facilitate repair of the Installed Product.
Annual Servicing – These are maintenance and service operations performed periodically on the Installed Product. The operations required are defined in the product manufacturer’s instructions and other applicable regulations.
Corrosion Inhibitor – A fluid which is part of the Extended Warranty Kit and must be used during installation.
A legally binding agreement will exist between the parties once all of the parties have accepted the agreement. Acceptance by the various parties is as follows:
The Installer must register the Extended Warranty on www.rvr.ie within 90 days of date of invoice of the Installed Product, pby roviding details of the Owner, the Installer, Installed Product and other details.
The Company will review the details provided within 14 days in order to determine eligibility under the terms of the agreement.
If the eligibility requirements are not met, the Company will either seek further details, or notify the other parties by email that an Extended Warranty agreement will not be entered into.
If the eligibility requirements are met, the Company will send an email to both of the other parties accepting the agreement.
Each of the other parties will be invited to reply by email within 30 days stating their acceptance of the Extended Warranty agreement. Once both parties reply, the Company will send an email to both parties confirming that the Extended Warranty agreement is in force. If either party does not reply within 30 days, stating acceptance, then an Extended Warranty agreement will not be entered into.
Once all parties have confirmed acceptance, the agreement is binding.
4. Description of the Extended Warranty
All products supplied by the Company are covered by a 12-month warranty. The warranty ends 12 months after the date on which the product was invoiced. This forms part of the Company's standard conditions of sale are published at https://www.rvr.ie/pages/standard-conditions-of-sale
An Extended Warranty for an additional 5 years is available on certain domestic boiler products. The availability of an Extended Warranty is published as part of the product listing on www.rvr.ie. The Extended Warranty offer is not available on products purchased before 1st February 2017.
During the period of this Extended Warranty agreement any components of the boiler which are proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture will be exchanged or repaired free of material charges if repaired by an RVR Approved Installer.
Eligibility for the Extended Warranty is as follows:
- The Extended Warranty applies to boilers installed in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- The Extended Warranty applies to boilers with a maximum capacity of 35kW.
- Installation must be carried out by an RVR Approved Installer.
- An Extended Warranty Kit must be purchased and installed.
- The Installed Product must be installed in a single-family home or apartment.
- Commercial installations;
- Other appliances, components or parts of the heating system other than the Installed Product and Extended Warranty Kit whose serial numbers have been registered;
- Damage caused by faulty installation, theft, tampering, neglect, misuse, accident, fire, flood, explosion, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions;
- Damage caused by the non-observance of the manufacturer’s user instructions;
- Damage to the system as a result of lime scale;
- Damage as a result of sludge or blockages in the heating system;
- Damage caused by leakage from the heating system;
- Unauthorised adjustments made to the Installed Product or Extended Warranty Kit by a third party;
- Any upgrading/improvement work required as a result of legislation, (Health & Safety or otherwise) or to meet current standards;
- Damage caused by the addition of chemicals such as boiler de-scaling and chemical cleansing/flushing;
- Damage caused by maintenance of other components of the heating system;
- Servicing and its associated costs;
The Extended Warranty period will commence from the date of invoice of the Installed Product.
5. Obligations of the Parties under this agreement
The Company will supply Replacement Parts to the Installer, free of charge, during the period of the Extended Warranty, provided that:
- The Installed Product is correctly installed and commissioned in accordance with the installation instructions for the Installed Product.
- Details of the Owner, the Installer, Installed Product and Extended Warranty Kit are registered on www.rvr.ie within 90 days of the invoice date of the Installed Product.
- The Installed Product is installed in a single-family home or apartment. Commercial installations are excluded.
- Annual Servicing of the Installed Product is done in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The Annual Servicing is carried out by an RVR Approved Installer.
- Corrosion Inhibitor levels are checked and replenished as necessary.
- Proof of Annual Servicing is validated by the RVR Approved Installer by entering details on www.rvr.ie.
- Annual Servicing details are entered within the following time limits:
- Year 1 - Not Required
- Year 2 - Within 385 Days from Date of Invoice
- Year 3 - Within 365 Days from Previous Service Date
- Year 4 - Within 365 Days from Previous Service Date
- Year 5 - Within 365 Days from Previous Service Date
- Year 6 - Within 365 Days from Previous Service Date
- Install the product in compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions and all applicable regulations.
- Install the Extended Warranty Kit.
- Register the Extended Warranty on www.rvr.ie.
- Provide all labour during the Extended Warranty period.
- Carry out the Annual Servicing and register the details on www.rvr.ie.
- Make any claims under the Extended Warranty on www.rvr.ie.
- Return any parts which are replaced with "Replacement Parts".
- Pay all amounts due to the Company.
The Owner will:
- Pay all amounts due to the Installer.
- Employ the Installer to carry out the Annual Servicing of the Installed Product.
- Pay the Installer for any other costs incurred.
- Contact the Installer in the event of any claim under this Extended Warranty.
6. Commencement of the Extended Warranty
The purchase of the Installed Product and Extended Warranty Kit does not mean that an Extended Warranty agreement exists between the parties. The agreement exists only when accepted by all parties.
The Extended Warranty period will commence from the date of invoice of the Installed Product.
7. Cancellation of the Warranty
The Extended Warranty agreement may be cancelled as follows:
- Failure to carry out and register Annual Servicing on www.rvr.ie by the appointed date will result in cancellation of this agreement.
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation and Annual Servicing will result in cancellation of this agreement.
- If it is found that details of the Owner, the Installer, Installed Product, installation, Extended Warranty Kit or Annual Servicing registered on www.rvr.ie are not correct, the Company may cancel the agreement.
- If the details of the Installed Product, installation or Extended Warranty Kit change and the Company is not notified in writing within 30 days, the Company may cancel the agreement.
- If the Owner refuses to allow an inspection of the Installed Product, Extended Warranty Kit, and/or installation, by the Company or any third-party nominated by the Company, the Company may cancel the agreement.
- The agreement will automatically terminate 6 years after the date of invoice of the Installed product.
- The Owner of the Installed Product may cancel this agreement at any time.
8. Changes to the parties subject to this agreement
If an installer ceases to be an RVR Approved Installer or does not wish to honour this agreement, another RVR Approved Installer may be chosen by the Owner of the Installed Product. This change will be given legal effect by implementing the acceptance procedure in the Acceptance clause of this agreement.
Should the legal ownership of the Installed Product change, the Owner may choose to assign the warranty agreement to the new owner of the Installed Product. This change will be given legal effect by implementing the acceptance procedure in the Acceptance clause of this agreement.
The parties shall not bear any liability to each other for any indirect loss or consequential damages arising from a failure to fulfil the terms of this agreement.
10. Force Majeure
The parties will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations under this agreement where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond their reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to:
Power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, failure of any third party to supply parts or equipment, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond their reasonable control.
Any claim made under the terms and conditions of this Extended Warranty agreement must be made in writing and within the Extended Warranty period. The parties may contact each other by email or telephone using the email addresses and contact numbers listed in the acceptance email issued by the Company.
12. Other Terms
Following the issuing of a Replacement Part, the part which it is intended to replace will become the property of the Company. The Company reserves the right to charge for any Replacement Part where the faulty or defective part is not returned to the Company within 30 days of the date on which the Replacement Part is issued.
The Company reserves the right to charge for any Replacement Part, where it is found during inspection that the returned part is not faulty or defective, or where a fault or defect is found, is deemed to have been caused by any of the exclusions listed in the agreement.
The Company accepts no liability for the cost of fitting the Replacement Parts and will not reimburse the costs of any party who undertakes any work on the Installed Product.
The Company may, at its sole discretion, choose to have a third-party service technician troubleshoot or fit the Replacement Parts, at its cost.
The Company reserves the right to inspect the Installed Product, Extended Warranty Kit, and/or installation at any time during the duration of this agreement, or have a third party carry out such inspection.
The warranty period will not be extended under any circumstances.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. The Company may bring legal proceedings in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them.